If you don’t like hummus, don’t come to the party.
Hummus is the winner of dips (along side guacamole of course) I honestly can’t think of anything you couldn’t spread this delightful creamy paste to that doesn’t instantly make it better.
What is Hummus?
Hummus originally occurs in the Middle East, traditionally made with 6 simple ingredients of CHICKPEAS, SESAME PASTE, LEMON, GARLIC, CUMIN POWDER AND OLIVE OIL, It’s also pretty good for you given your GI is happy with legumes, Low in saturated fat, high in fibre and protein, hummus also offers complex carbohydrates to make you feel satisfied and full. And not only that its so simple to make and here’s how;
Makes up one medium dessert bowl:
- x2 tins organic chickpeas (if you can find a brand that has removed the skins – Bonus)
- x2 TBSP sesame paste
- x2 Garlic Cloves
- x1 fresh lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- x1 tsp cumin Powder
- Pinch of rock salt
- Optional: Black sesame and or toasted pine nuts to garnish
- Rinse chickpeas in a clean colander and rub vigorously between your hands to remove the skins. This is not 100% necessary but it results in a creamier consistency.
- Add chickpeas to your food processor after washing and add x2 TBSP’s of sesame paste, x2 crushed garlic cloves, x1 tsp of cumin powder, freshly squeezed lemon juice from x1 whole lemon, a pinch of salt along with the 1/4 cup of olive oil, you may like to make the texture thick or runny, depending on this you can add more or less olive oil.
- Blend until desired consistency is reached. Serve and enjoy
1 thought on “How’s about that HUMMUS…”